Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Me & My Pepaw

This photo was taken at my 'Pepaw's' house on NW 15th in Oklahoma City at Christmastime in 1968 when I was 8 years old. I vividly recall this moment...we were singing the "Twelve Days of Christmas". Pepaw kept messing it up by hollering '5 Golden Rings' at the wrong time. I was trying to teach him to do it the 'right way', to no avail...can you see the frustration on my face?


 In that same face, I see my daughters, Emily, Clare, Catherine & Natalie.
My mom made my dress with the pinafore. It was one of my favorites! She lovingly made most of my clothes then later taught me how to sew. 
 I love it that my new babydoll is on my lap. When my cousin sent it to me recently, I had just begun my 1st gig as a Nanny with a local agency. It very much affirmed my purpose in life....to welcome & love children. It is what makes my heart sing & my lifeblood flow. Loving children is all I ever wanted to do & I arranged my life around this goal. I have no regrets about this. How grateful I am that now I can offer my lifes' work to do what I absolutely love doing. It doesn't feel like work when you love what you do! ***This I know!!