Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2011

On Maturing~


 from an email I received----I thought it was worthy of sharing.

~~~   ~~~   ~~~   ~~~ ~~~   ~~~   ~~~
As  I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and  less critical of myself.  I've become my  own friend.

I have seen too many dear  friends leave this world, too soon; before they  understood the great freedom that comes with  aging.

Whose business is it, if I choose  to read, or play, on the computer, until 4 AM,  or sleep until noon?  I will dance with  myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60  & 70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to  weep over a lost love, I will.

I will  walk the beach, in a swim suit that is stretched  over a bulging body, and will dive into the  waves, with abandon, if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.
They, too,  will get old.

I  know I am sometimes forgetful.  But there  again, some of life is just as well forgotten.  And, I eventually remember the important  things.

Sure, over the years, my heart  has been broken.  How can your heart not  break, when you lose a loved one, or when a  child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved  pet gets hit by a car?  But, broken hearts  are what give us strength, and understanding,  and compassion.  A heart never broken, is  pristine, and sterile, and will never know the  joy of being imperfect.
      

I am  so blessed to have lived long enough to have my  hair turning gray, and to have my youthful  laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my  face.
So many have never laughed, and so many  have died before their hair could turn  silver.

As  you get older, it is easier to be positive. You  care less about what other people think. I don't  question myself anymore.
I've even earned the  right to be wrong.

So, to answer your  question, I like being old.  It has set me  free.  I like the person I have  become.  I am not going to live forever,  but while I am still here, I will not waste time  lamenting what could have been, or worrying  about what will be.  And I shall eat  dessert every single day (if I feel like  it).

MAY  OUR FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART, ESPECIALLY WHEN  IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART
***This I know!
Thankful for all my blessings!!