Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2011

When God Seems Distant

"We may experience times of unusual closeness when every prayer is answered in an obvious way and God seems intimate and caring. And we may also experience "fog times" when God stays silent, when nothing works according to formula and all the Bible's promises seem glaringly false. Fidelity involves learning to trust that, out beyond the perimeter of fog, God still reigns and has not abandoned us, no matter how it appears." --Philip Yancy
-written from the perimeter....outer limits of "Fog"...batting around in the dark here..
But knowing He is there & has it all in His *big enough* hands.
"My soul, wait in silence for God only, For my hope is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold; I shall not be shaken." Psalm 62:5-6
Can ya feel me?  God is present even when our perceptions are not picking it up. ***This I know!