Search This Blog

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chef Bill's Sweet Potato Cheesecake Recipe

This is Chef Bills recipe that he was kind enough to share with me knowing I would blab it all over Facebook and my blog too....he's good that way. He also asked for a share in my profits...not a dummy either!!! ***This I know!

1c sweet potato
Puree & add 16 oz. Softened cream cheese, blend till smooth.
Add to bowl --> 1c sugar mix well. Add 3 eggs, 1 at a time, beat till smooth.
Add 1c heavy cream, 1c sugar, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 1tsp lemon extract, 2tsp nutmeg, mix well-no lumps.


Optional add 1oz Grand Marnier or Cointreau liquier. Pour into a graham cracker pie shell. Bake 325* 1hr-70 min. Turn off oven, open door a little. Let cool in oven 1hr. Garnish & serve with whipped cream & sprinkle fresh ground nutmeg on top. Makes 2 pies.
Enjoy!! Wild Bill is our neighbor the chef who has made this for us the last several holidays & trust me on this--IT'S GOOD EATIN'!!!-


Chef Bill says that sweet potato has more 'substance'. He says you can use pumpkin, but its more watery & the end result isn't the same. Now you can make your own pumpkin & strain it & puree. Probably would be very comparable.