Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Giving Credit Where Credit is Due

When we pray & God answers our prayers, we should recognize it, praise & thank Him for it AND tell others how God is alive & meeting our needs. I try to do this. It is my intention every day, however, being a flawed, inconsistent, but redeemed human, I fail. But I get back up & keep on walking toward the goal.
Recently, my prayers for my children are being answered & the Holy Spirit is moving in big ways by drawing them closer to God! When I see the evidence in their lives via behaviors, conversations or e-mails, I am totally surprised! Then I see that is a ridiculous response for me to have to the handprints of God in their lives! It is what I have prayed for & sought for generations now! Why am I surprised!? It is because I am accustomed to seeing with the eyes of the 'flesh' and not with spiritual eyes! Now I see that this is His pleasure to draw my children into personal private relationship with Himself & reveal things to them as they need! What more could I ask for? 

Well, I continue to intercede for the rest of them and now my precious grandchildren...those here with us & the future ones that only the Creator knows. But they are in His plans to have unbroken continuous intimacy with them through the Holy Spirit of the Resurrected Jesus Christ! We wait for this in joyful hope!***This I know!

Do you believe in answered prayer?
 Read the following:

A bar is suing a church in Mt Vernon, Texas.

It all started when Drummond’s Bar decided to expand in order to increase their business. In response, the local Baptist church started a campaign to block the bar from expanding with petitions and prayers. Work progressed right up until the week before the grand reopening when lightning struck the bar and it burned to the ground.



The church folk were rather smug in their outlook, bragging about the power of prayer, until the bar owner sued the church on the grounds that it “was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through direct or indirect actions or means”.

In its reply to the court, the church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the fire.

The judge opened the proceedings by saying: “I don’t know how I’m going to decide this, but it appears that we have a bar owner who believes in the power of prayer, and a church congregation that does not.”

Makes you think doesn’t it?